“We’ve lost the patient. Medicine has become so corporate and impersonal — but we must make a patient feel and know they are important.” —Dr. Santa D’Alessio
Santa D’Alessio, MD, FCCP, is board certified in three separate specialties including Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Medicine. She graduated from an accelerated seven-year BA/MD program at Brooklyn College and Downstate Medical Center in New York. She completed her Internal Medicine training at NYU Medical Center where she was one of only six selected from her entire residency program to become Chief Resident. Her Pulmonary and Critical Care training took place at Boston University Medical Center and Columbia University in New York City. Dr. D’Alessio was honored and elected by her colleagues to be named a Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians.
Dr. D’Alessio provided pulmonary and critical care services to patients in the Winchester, Virginia area from 2002 through 2013. She then spent a year at the Martinsburg Veterans Affairs Medical Center caring for veterans. In 2010, Dr. D’Alessio established Blue Ridge Pulmonary Medicine in Winchester to better respond to the needs of the community.
Do You Need a Pulmonologist?
Reasons to see a pulmonary specialist:
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained or protracted cough
- Abnormal X-rays
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Coughing up blood
- Interstitial lung disease
- Asbestos exposure
Reasons to have a Pulmonary Function Test (PFT):
- Monitor lung function while taking medications that may affect the lungs (i.e., amiodarone)
- Cough evaluation
- Shortness of breath evaluation
- Prolonged history of cigarette smoking
- Asthma diagnosis and follow up
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) diagnosis and follow up
- Interstitial lung disease (ILD) diagnosis and follow up
About Privia Medical Group
Our practice is a proud member of Privia Medical Group - a physician-led, multi-speciality, national medical group. The nation’s top primary care physicians and specialists came together to form Privia Medical Group and share in the mission of providing better, more coordinated care to patients.
Our group focuses on taking accountability for the health and wellness of the patients we serve. We use some of the latest advances in medicine to help our patients remain healthy and better manage disease by offering our patients access to innovative health management technologies, proactive team-based care, and an evidenced-based, patient-centered approach.
Here’s what sets Privia Medical Group apart from traditional practices:
- Nationally recognized top physicians and healthcare professionals
- Physician-led, high-performance medical group
- Unhurried, comprehensive visits, with time to develop the right care plan
- Personalized care that exceeds your expectations
- Collaborative, team-based medical group
- Staffed with Health Coaches, Nurse Educators, Pharmacists, and Care Managers
- Same-day/next-day appointments available
- Care reminders and alerts
- Check ins with clinical experts between your office visits
- Book appointments and renew prescriptions online
- Send and receive secure messages with your care team
- Secure access to electronic medical records
- Pay your invoices by credit card, securely and conveniently
State-of-the Art Security and Privacy
We go to extreme lengths to ensure our patients’ information remains confidential and secure.
Not only is our team trained in modern privacy standards (such as HIPAA and PCI compliance), but we also keep your information secure with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption, firewalls, secure servers (including 24/7 surveillance and biometric access), and many more measures to ensure your information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
To learn more about Privia Medical Group and find other Privia doctors, please visit our website